East Harlem Elementary School
At DREAM East Harlem Elementary School, everything we do is guided by our Whole Child model: the belief that every child needs and deserves not only rigorous academic instruction, but also social-emotional support, physical health and wellness, and the strength of a community behind them. When children are known, seen, and loved, that’s when they have the space to grow into the leaders, innovators, and changemakers of tomorrow.
At a glance
teachers per classroom as part of our unique integrated co-teaching model
years in a row of our scholars outperforming their city and state peers in testing
voices from our community
- Vanessa Castillo, DREAM Mom
Elementary School Principal
At DREAM, we believe that every child deserves a beautiful space to play, learn, and grow. East Harlem Elementary School is located at 1991 2nd Avenue, our flagship location and headquarters.
Built in 2015 as part of the East Harlem Center for Living and Learning, the space features a playground and park, window walls, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, and even an outdoor classroom.
And of course, just beyond the walls of 1991 sits the Field of Dreams, the ballfield where DREAM was born three decades ago and where our scholars play, learn, and grow to this day.
- Literacy: Guided Reading, Interactive Read Aloud, Phonics Instruction, Shared Text, and Close Reading
- Math: Cognitive Guided Instruction (CGI) Math Routines, and Math Workshop
- Art: Visual and Performing Arts
- Music: Theory of Music and Instrumental Music
- Physical Education: Sports, Health, and Games
Social Emotional Learning:
- Explicit SEL Instruction: RULER (Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence)
- SEL Skills: Small Group Instruction, and embedded SEL Instruction, Responsive circles & Morning Meeting
Free Afterschool & Summer Programming
Once your child is enrolled for the fall, they can get a head start on their DREAM journey that summer; all incoming students are guaranteed a spot in our summer programming.