Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to serve thousands of youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of Pre-K through 12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and youth development programs. Now, DREAM is recruiting its own graduates (Legends), as well as young professionals from East Harlem and the South Bronx to be the next generation of teachers at DREAM.
Launch your career in teaching through this selective, rigorous 2-year program that:
- Offers a competitive salary and benefits, including compensation for required student teaching hours and stipends for student fees, transportation, and books
- Leads to a Bachelor’s Degree and teaching certification
- Prepares you through mentorship, practice, and expert training
- Includes full-time job placement at DREAM upon successful program completion
The DREAM Teaching Fellowship is a 24-month, full-time commitment. Cohort 1 program dates are from June 2022-June 2024.
The DREAM Teaching Fellowship Could Be a Fit For You If:
- You do not have a Bachelor’s Degree
- You are a current college sophomore, or will have completed roughly 2 years of undergraduate education by August 2022*
- You have experience working with youth, ideally in a youth development or education setting
- You are committed to pursuing a career as an elementary school teacher at DREAM
- You are from DREAM’s communities of East Harlem or the South Bronx
*Full academic eligibility will be determined during the first step of the application process, which requires you to submit undergraduate transcripts from all institutions attended. In general, a candidate is academically eligible if they will have a minimum of 45 credits and a maximum of 75 credits by August 2022, with at least 30 credits completed in liberal arts and sciences.
Connect With Us
- Subscribe to updates about the application process by completing this form.
- Prepare to apply by gathering unofficial undergraduate transcripts from every institution that you have attended, and preparing an updated resume.
- Additional questions? Reach out to Ana Rader, Fellowship Manager, at email@example.com.